Tuesday, August 28, 2007

blog? now?

Okay blog, here it goes...

Last week I dropped off (well, I guess thats not the most precise term) Rohini and Mal at college in Galveston. I spent over a week there with them helping them set things up, deciding on bathmats and furniture placement - all the details I know the most about. Its kinda weird, because I really do miss them already and its only been a few days and I spent so much time with them right before I came back to Dallas. I try to think about it in relation to me leaving my family in San Antonio and not seeing them for a few months at a time. But its different. I guess there is certain family that you love but in the back of your head you know that you'll someday have to leave the nest and go on to create your own little hub and you won't see them as often, but you'll still love them anyways. And then there's the new family that you never really think those things about, especially the one you promised to live with forever. Its sad, but not incredibly sad. Just sneaks up on ya, even though it wasn't exactly sudden. Or, I guess its just a more difficult thing to prepare for.

Meanwhile, back in Dallas... I was only back for one night, just enough time to say hi to the dogs/cats, let them know I am still alive, and then I was off to NY for two days. That trip was good. Nothing too eventful - good NY food, nice NY hotel, lots of NY walking, but the weather was really nice. The meetings were good too, lots of positivity and whatnot.

Now I'm back in Dallas (well, the rural suburbs) again and everything here is waiting for me. I don't know if its just because over the last ten nites I've only spent one here, or if its because I am now the sole zookeeper, but there's alot of stuff to do. I got Tolentino to pull the weeds, now I need to fill the beds with mulch. I need to mow, had time tonite, but Kumar (the man with the mower) was sleeping and I didn't want to just snatch it without permission. I need to vacuum and straighten up the house. I need to sort the mail - the bills, really. I did buy more dog food (thats something suspicious, that should have definitely lasted longer, maybe I should double check the portions Cyrus and Kumar have been using - I knew I should have made that dry erase board sign in chart) and more groceries (some healthy ones, too). I totally cleaned out the cat room and litter box and took out the trash and recycling. But I never go to designing more t-shirts. I'm now too tired for that, and maybe a little bit too tired for this. I guess that means I have alot tomorrow, not to mention chiropractor appointments and basketball games. And all of this with Rohini coming in on Thursday, my family coming in on Friday, and we're supposed to somehow find time to go pick up some furniture in Coppell (people moving out, furniture moving in, thats just great).

I apologize for saying that. I know Rohini is not moving out, its really just a more ironic way of saying it. But, of course, she does still live here and will be back in a few days. I can't wait. And neither can the dogs and cats. I can tell. Don't worry Rohini, they haven't forgotten you.


1 comment:

Rainbow Cotton Candy said...

I don't like being away from you either :(
I can't wait to come back this weekend!!!
I wish I could be back every weekend. If only we were rich...